What is “Save Leimert”
“Save Leimert” is a grass roots campaign organized and supported by residents and businesses in Leimert Park working together to ensure the City’s redevelopment activities and other public and private projects are consistent with the historical design and stimulates the area economy while preserving the Village as an African American cultural and commercial enclave for generations to come!The Campaign shall ensure that the Master Plan and any and all future developments:
1. Increase access to needed services, jobs and cultural resources as defined by area residents
2. Improve the safety of the community
3. Restrict any and all building development and improvements to two (2) stories
4. Prohibit any new housing within the Village
5. Prohibit the re-parcelization, rezoning, declaration of blight or eminent domain by the City of Los Angeles within the Village
6. Foster public/private collaboration to enhance the African American cultural resources .